Monday, July 1, 2013

06-28-13 - 06-30-13 Service & Sushi :)

Friday:  We had a fun day in service today.  We were in an area near the base of Pichincha Mountain - here are some views...
 Pichincha Mountain
 The infamous, picture of a person taking a picture...
 Views to the East

 View to the Southeast

 Another view of Cotopaxi in the distance (far south)
Fearless Witnesses

After we finished in the territory, and had almuerzo (lunch - for $1.70), one of the sisters and I went on a study (a fill-in for my friend who is in the States).  Next, we met up with another sister for another study, but unfortunately the Bible student wasn't there.  So we did a bit of informal witnessing at the nearby mall, then headed off to my study in the far north.  

It was 6:45pm by the time we left the study, so I rushed home to get ready for sushi dinner tonight - I'd been looking forward to it all day!!  

We arrived to the restaurant around 8:30 - this time we all ate sushi (and for some of our friends, it was the first time ever!)  We enjoyed a nice dinner and headed home around 11:00pm.


Saturday:  Today, I met up with another brother and sister at 8:00 to preach at the park.  Another brother and sister joined us about 45 minutes later, and yet another brother and sister from another group joined us - by 10:30am, we had quite a group!



Our strategy at the park is divide-and-conquer, so we split up into groups of two or three and went in different directions.  We had several nice experiences :)

Around 11:30, we decided to walk to the mall across the street to have lunch before continuing that afternoon.  We ended up preaching our way down to the Center area (back to the same market where I purchased my other furniture) and I was able to find an entertainment center piece.  Then we piled into the delivery driver's vehicle and headed back.  We were getting a little silly at this point.




Once we arrived at my house, we relaxed for a few minutes and ate watermelon.  Then my friend and I went to the supermarket and our other friends went to their houses.  As I am expecting visitors in a few days (YEA!!) I stocked up at the grocery store.  I spent the remainder of the evening doing laundry, that is, until I realized the dryer is not working :(  I made an oreo cheesecake (for some of my friends in the congregation - not for me!!), chicken fajitas, guacamole (I eat this alot) and some fruit salads.

Then, I finished studying for the meeting, finally got around to updating my blog (sorry!) and before I knew it, it was 1:45am!  Yikes!  Time to get some sleep!

Sunday:  This morning was the meeting.  Our local brother gave an excellent talk.  And afterwards, my cheesecake seemed to be a hit - yea!  So happy :)  In the afternoon, I had coffee and "girl talk" with a friend of mine - its amazing how quickly the time can pass when sharing a cup of coffee with a great friend!  I went to the grocery store on the way home to get a few things I forgot and then spent the rest of the evening in front of the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment