Saturday, July 13, 2013

07-10-13 & 07-11-13 Back to Work

Wednesday:  There was no arrangement for service this morning, so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to clean my house some more and do laundry.  I also went for a run, did my ab exercises (back on track with the ab challenge!), studied for the meeting, took a brief nap on my rooftop (and got slightly sunburned in the process) and then met up with my friend for service that afternoon.  We worked in my territory, doing follow-up on census work.  It was a productive afternoon!

I arrived home around 5:00pm, ate dinner and then changed for the meeting.  I had trouble getting a taxi that night - I had been standing on a busy street corner for about 15 minutes.  I flagged one taxi after another, but all the taxis were full and traffic was bad.  Finally one slowed down... "Hey Aubrey, get in!" called a familiar voice - I looked up to see my friend smiling back at me.  We arrived at 7:01, just as the song was beginning.  The meeting was good as usual, especially the part in the service meeting with experiences.  Very encouraging and heartfelt comments from two of our dear sisters; one who has been pioneering for over 30 years and the other for over 20 years!

Thursday:  I met the group this morning and we walked to the territory, which was only a few streets away.  The views from the neighborhood are truly breathtaking!






 



The sisters and I went to the mall for a couple return visits and some lunch, met up with a brother, then headed up to my territory to do some census work.  After a while, the brother had to leave for a study, and the girls and I continued on for a while.  We stumbled across a beanbag (puff, as they are called here) store and they helped me lug them back to my house (in two taxis).



We went back out for another hour of preaching before heading home.  Once home, I organized some things, ate dinner and then went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment