Monday: This morning marked the beginning of the 30-Day Ab Challenge. Day one was pretty easy, in fact, the first week doesn't look too difficult. Week two looks tough. Week three looks intense. Week four looks pretty close to impossible. Lol, I'll update my progress periodically as it goes along...
I cleaned a bit of the house, did some organizing and laundry - gotta get things ready for my family... soooo excited!!!! Did I mention I'm looking forward to their visit? I am. So very much. And then some.
I had my Spanish lesson at 11:00am today, it seems to be going a little better. My understanding is improving, but my speaking ability is severely lacking. Necesito más práctica.
After class, I ate lunch, then got ready for service. I left my house a few minutes after 2:00pm to meet up with my friend to do some return visits. We also had some nice experiences speaking to people informally on the way in between calls. As we were boarding the bus at one point, I spotted a woman who did not look Ecuadorian and I took the available seat across the aisle from her. I asked her if she spoke English and she smiled and said yes. She is from Germany, but has been living in Ecuador for 7 years. We spoke for about 10 minutes before she reached her stop. We exchanged phone numbers (she actually asked me to call her!) and I left her with a set of magazines. I love the ministry here!
On the way home from service, I stopped at the hardware store to pick up a drill and some bits, then to the grocery store for yet a few more items (this is what happens when you keep leaving your list at home)
Then I had dinner and cleaned the kitchen before plopping down in front of the computer to update my blog, follow up on my job proposal and a few other things.
Tuesday: This morning I took myself for a quick run at the Metropolitan Park near my house. I love it there - when you are surrounded by so much nature, its easy to forget you are in a busy, bustling city. As I breathe in the heavy scent of eucalyptus, I imagine it cleaning out the toxic diesel fumes from my lungs... what can I say, I have a big imagination. When I returned home, I completed my ab workout for the day :) Then I went to the grocery store (yet again!). I cleaned up a few things after arriving back home and then got ready for a bible study. I left my house at 12:25 to get there by 1:00, but unfortunately, she wasn't available. Bummer :(
I headed home, changed, then headed out. I needed to buy credit for my phone (Tuesdays are 2-For-1 at the pharmacy). As I was walking down the street, I ran into three friends, who were making a call near my house. Its amazing to me how often I run into my friends in such a big city! They said it was their final call for the day and wouldn't be long, so I suggested we all go for coffee since it was a cool, drizzly day. They readily agreed so after they finished, we all headed to the mall across the street. We ended up talking for a couple hours... right up until dinner time, so we went to the food court and enjoyed dinner together as well. At 8:00pm, we all said goodbye and headed to our respective homes. What a pleasant surprise that afternoon!
When I arrived home, I was able to Skype my family about their visit - I was so giddy with excitement I could hardly sit still! Afterwards, I Skyped a friend of mine who is currently in the States and before I knew it, it was 2:00am! Oh my! I think all the excitement about my family coming was keeping me awake. Time to get some sleep - I had a busy day planned!
No comments:
Post a Comment