Monday: My sister-in-law was still very sick, so after breakfast, my brother and I ventured out to the bean bag store. Wow! Bean bags are expensive here! We decided to check at the scary market and took the bus the 40 or so minutes to get there. While on our way, the bus broke down and we all had to get off and get on another one. This one, however, took a slightly different path so we ended up having to back track a bit. Nevertheless, we made it. We walked around but found no bean bags. We did run across a scary looking man with a bloody face who was staring at us. We quickly got on the bus.
We came back that afternoon and just rested and watched movies. Now my brother wasn't feeling so well either. They also packed their things to leave that night. How sad that their visit was so short! I made some filet for dinner and we ate that along with some wafer cookies.
Tuesday: My friend came to pick us up in a taxi just after 2:00am. Then, the four of us and our driver Franklin headed to the airport. We arrived around 3:00am and said our good-byes, then Franklin drove my friend and I back home. It was 4:00am, but I found it difficult to fall asleep. Eventually I did, then got up around 8:00am.
I felt overwhelmingly sad. It had been so nice to have my family here, but now they were gone. And so I did what any other brokenhearted girl does - I began to scrub the house. I started by vacuuming and dusting, then mopped the floors, except for the kitchen and bathroom, which i hand scrubbed. I did the dishes, laundry, cleaned out the refrigerator, organized papers, took the trash out, etc. I did message my family late that morning and afternoon, and it made me feel a bit better, but overall, it was a very melancholy day.
I resumed the ab challenge today; 45 sit-ups, 30 crunches, 30 leg lifts and a 35 second plank. Not too bad, but probably going to feel that tomorrow... I spent the rest of the evening studying and working on my TESOL certification course.
No comments:
Post a Comment