Sunday, June 16, 2013

6-14-13 - 06-16-13 Movie, Bridal Shower & Concert

Friday:  Today I did some last minute laundry before my house guest arrived. She had some business to take care of in Quito and would contact me when her paperwork was finished.  We finally met around 2:00 and became fast friends!

That night, we met up with some friends from the Hall to watch the new Superman movie.  Afterwards, we grabbed some dinner and then a few of us went back to my house and listened to music and chatted.

Saturday:  This morning our service group met up at Carolina Park again.

We have a lot of success in finding English speakers in the park - and who doesn't love to preach walking around the park on a beautiful sunny day?

After service I rushed home to change clothes, pick up the cheesecake and punch I had made for a bridal shower that afternoon and then hopped in a cab to the sister who was hosting the event.  I got there early to help out with some last minute items.

At 3:00 the guest of honor arrived, the first one there!  Fashionably late takes on a whole new meaning here. We had a awesome time, laughing and sharing stories and plenty of "girl talk".

 Serious

 Getting Silly :)

 And just down right crazy...

And one with me in it...

At 5:30, I had to leave the bridal shower in order to get home in time to get changed and ready for the piano concert that evening.  My new friend and I decided it was a good excuse to get all dressed up.  I even painted my fingernails and let her style my hair.  Then it was off to the concert to meet our other friend who was joining us.





The concert was so amazing.  The pianist was a Russian artist, Valentina Lisista, who gave a phenomenal performance, playing classical pieces by Rachmaninoff, Bach, Chopin, among others.

Afterwards, we went to dinner at a restaurant that has an incredible view of the city.


Sunday:  This morning was meeting and then I had to say goodbye to my new friend :(  Though I promised to come visit her in Cuenca in July.

This afternoon I had coffee with a friend of mine, and then came home to relax and take care of some things. Its been a long and busy weekend - but oh so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment