Friday: I got up and make my friends breakfast this morning before we departed. We stopped at the Mercado de Artesenal (the same market I bought my alpaca blankets at, which I absolutely love, by the way) to look for some scarves. After the market, we took two buses to get to the far end of the south (Quicentro Sur) where they were to meet up with some other friends of theirs. By the time I arrived back home, it was 3:00. I called up a friend of mine and we met for a few return visits and informal witnessing about 45 minutes later. We talked to so many people and four of them expressed interest in bible studies and attending the meeting. It was an amazing afternoon!
On my way home, I went to the grocery store. An hour, and a full cart later, I was on my way home. I spent the rest of the evening putting groceries away, listened to the Watchtower lesson for Sunday a couple times and then started making punch for the party the next day.
Saturday: I stayed home today to clean the house, do laundry and to make food for my friend's dance party (which was to be held at my house). I finished making the punch, made mini-chicken quesadillas, and banana nut bread (as I anticipated a couple of the sisters who live far might be spending the night). I barely finished before people arrived.
The party was a success, unfortunately, some of the friends from our congregation were sick and couldn't attend, but we then were able to invite some additional friends from the Spanish congregation and happily they came. Most people left around midnight, and everyone was gone by 12:30 except my friend, her new roommate and I. They helped me clean up a bit and then went home at 1:45. I was so tired!!!
Sunday: This morning's meeting reflected how many were sick in the congregation. After the meeting, two sisters and I grabbed lunch and then I went home to clean up from the party the night before. My floor looked almost completely black from all the scuff marks on it. So I vacuumed the floor and the couches, then began to mop. I am not sure what material these tiles are made of (something cheap no doubt), but just mopping it was not removing these scuff marks. I had to get down on my hands and knees and scrub hard with the scratchy side of a sponge in order to remove them. It took me three hours to finish. Then I ate some leftovers for dinner, did some laundry and reorganizing and then some computer work.












No comments:
Post a Comment