Wednesday: Back to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. This morning I conducted the study at the jail. (The sister who normally does was having car trouble). The line to get in was long. This time they stamped my right arm. We had a nice study and then I was introduced to a sister who works at the jail. We chatted with her for a few minutes and then waited to pick up our identification and then to be released. Afterwards, we worked in a nearby territory until around noon.
I spent the afternoon at home, studying for the meeting and catching up on some other things. I decided to try a new route to the meeting that I was told about. It was much better. I only have to take one bus (which picks up close to my house) and then it requires walking only about 6 blocks to the Kingdom Hall. Much better indeed!
The meeting was quite lively tonight and twice the entire congregation broke out in laughter.
Thursday: I decided to take a day off today. I found the motivation to go running in the morning at Guanguiltagua Metropolitan Park, which is conveniently located two streets over from my apartment. I think its the biggest park in Quito, but unlike Carolina Park, it has mulched walking trails and dirt paths throughout. It is also set far back from the road and is not surrounded by 5 streets of heavy traffic filling the air with diesel smoke. (On a side note, reading the Watching the World section in this month's Awake about the diesel exhaust did give me cause for concern.) I only explored part of the park and am anxious to return. It may sound crazy, but the air felt cleaner (and had a slight eucalyptus smell) and I found it easier to breathe and run. Sorry - I don't take my phone with me when I run, so I don't have any photos at this time, but I will take some soon.
When I returned home, I started doing laundry; stripped the bed, washed all the blankets, towels, sheets, etc (after showering of course). My dryer, which I am very grateful for, is not super efficient, so it takes 2-3 hours to dry a load, depending on the items. In between, I prepared some food for the week; tuna salad and chicken fajitas. Unfortunately, this took a long time since I am currently operating with one kitchen knife and one saute pan.
Around 7:00, my friend came over for a 'girls night' and we ate dinner, watched a movie on my laptop and then chatted over coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment