Monday: Today was a work day, and afterwards Family Worship. I made a roast in the slow cooker and we ate after doing our study.
Tuesday: After work this morning, we met at the Hall for service. What nice support we had for the group this morning!
While doing follow up calls in the neighborhood near the Kingdom Hall, I spotted a young man on the street and stopped him to see if he spoke English. He did, and we shared a nice discussion with him. We invited him to the meetings and he expressed interest in a Bible study so we demonstrated how a study works and left him with the Bible Teach book. We obtained his contact information and promised to follow up in a few days.
Wednesday: Today was a full day of work, followed by the Pioneer Meeting at my house that evening. Can you believe I fit 38 people in my little apartment??
Thursday: Another great service day! Today I had the privilege of taking the CO and his wife for lunch, (and included a few others), then I worked in service that afternoon with the CO's wife. We only ended up doing 2 calls; but each was excellent. First, I had a nice conversation with a man at a Mosque. We studied a paragraph in the Good News brochure, read the scriptures and then obtained his contact information and assured him a friend of ours would return to continue the discussion. Next, our CO's wife also had a nice conversation with a woman in a Floreria (Flower Shop). She too demonstrated a study in the Good News brochure by reading a paragraph as well as the recommended scriptures! And then she gave it to me to follow up on :) It was after 4pm when we left the territory. That night was another excellent meeting, full of good reminders. Afterwards, a few friends and I went out for a late dinner at Chili's.
Friday: Since today was a US holiday, I went out in service all day - and I do mean all day!! We stayed out until after 8:00pm! Towards the end of the day (around 5:00pm) we went to my friend's study, but she asked us to come back in about 30-60 minutes. Not exactly sure what to do for the next half hour or so, we decided to go to the grocery store to look for foreigners (as we have been strongly urged to do better at finding foreigners/ native English speakers). Inside the store, I met a woman and her daughter who were incredibly nice - we had a lengthy conversation and I gave them each a tract as well as my contact information. They thanked me for talking to them and promised to contact me. I am hopeful that they will come to the meeting on Sunday for the CO's final talks.
After service, we met up with some other friends to play ping pong, though we didn't stay long because we were pretty tired from such a long day of preaching.
Saturday: This morning we had another large group meet for service - it felt like the entire congregation was there!! We decided to do some informal witnessing, which yielded great results. Then, we stopped at a favorite bagel place to take a break and watch the soccer game...
![]() |
| They have a Quinoa Bagel! |
And... Argentina won :)
We met again for service at 2:00pm in the afternoon and our afternoon group stayed out in service until 5:30pm! The sister I was working with and I did a nice call of hers, then met up in the territory to do follow up calls. On the way there, we walked under a tree at the wrong moment, and well, you guessed it - a bird pooped on us!! Yuck!! Neither of us were deterred though. We just cleaned ourselves up with wet wipes and kept going. We took a wrong turn at one point and got a little side-tracked, but quickly discovered our error and made it to the territory. There, the brother in charge gave us several records to follow up on. At one house, the woman came out (incidentally, not the person who had previously shown interested at the address) and told me that she had been up at 3am praying... and here we were! She said that she had studied with Jehovah's Witnesses in the past and asked where the meetings were. We left her with the July magazines, the address to the Kingdom Hall and meeting times and told her of the special talk we would be having on Sunday. She told us she would be there and I am hopeful she will come!
After service, we met up with some other friends for dinner and hung out the rest of the night.






No comments:
Post a Comment