Wednesday, July 2, 2014

06-22-14 - 06-28-14 Friends, Food and Futbol!

Sunday:  I got up this morning just before 6:00am (hooray for sleeping in!) studied my Watchtower, cleaned my house a little more and got ready for the meeting.  I actually set my hair in hot rollers (don't worry - no pictures of that!) since I had extra time.

After the meeting, my roommate and I took the speaker (one of our local elders) and his wife out for lunch at a little Mexican restaurant in the Mariscal area.  The food was probably the best Mexican I've had here in Ecuador, but it's not quite the same...




Later that evening, my friend and I went to the downtown/ center area for some wine and dessert and spent the night deep in conversation.  Around 9pm, we headed back to my house and talked for another hour before finally saying good night.  I was thinking that I was finally going to get some sleep, but then ended up Skyping with another friend until almost midnight.  When you are gone for over four months, I guess it just takes weeks of catching up with all your friends...

Monday:  Today was, of course, a work day and for some reason, I woke up at 4:10am and was wide awake.  Nothing like getting an early start, so I folded and put away some laundry and then got ready for work.  After work, my roommate and I headed to the grocery store to pick up food for the week and then I came home and practiced my talk.  Afterwards,

Tuesday:  After work this morning, since we didn't know the exact address where the group was meeting, my roomie and I decided to tackle my calls (which I'd been wanting to do since I got back anyways - but I finally got them organized again)  It was actually a very productive morning, some calls were not home, but most I found or set up appointments for another afternoon.  One record I had to follow up on was completely wrong, but I spoke with another English speaker at the same location, and made a new call!  In the afternoon, we met up with a few others who were staying out.

I tried contacting the girl I had met on the bus last week, but to my disappointment, a man answered the phone and told me I had the wrong number.  It began to rain and I was thinking that my "long service day" was about to be cut short.  I texted my Bible study to set up a time to meet this week, and to my surprise, she said she was available that afternoon.  So, my roomie and I made the hour bus ride north and met her at 5:30pm.  It was so nice to see them again and we re-established the study; this time though, we decided that it would be best for the mother and daughter to study separately so that each can be tailored to their individual needs.

A few minutes before 7pm, we said good-bye and walked to the bus stop to make the trip home.  What a nice day it was!  Tired and happy, we arrived home, ate some dinner and did our Bible reading for the week before retiring for the night.

Wednesday:  Today was a good work day.  Just before 10:00am, I received a call from a number I didn't recognize.  How happy I was when I answered it - it was the girl I had met last week on the bus!  She wanted to confirm the time and location of the meeting tonight!  I had to get there early tonight anyway to review my part one last time.



Much to my disappointment she didn't come, though at 7:25, I missed a call from a strange number that only showed up as "0474" - I wondered if she had tried to call from a cabina... I wasn't ready to give up and made a note to try her again tomorrow.  After the meeting we went out with some friends for schwarma - yum!

Thursday:  This morning I met the group after work, and then went on a study at 11:00am with my friend.  Afterwards, I came home to clean the house and cook something for the service group tonight.




The group came at 6:00pm and we had several successful calls and appointments set up!! We finished up around 8:45pm - then it was time to clean up the kitchen.  My roommate was kind enough to help me and then we chatted for a while over a nice glass of wine.

Friday:  This morning I worked, then had a nice quick lunch with a friend, stopped at the grocery store and then rushed back home to cook.  Later that night a bunch of the friends came over for dinner.

 




Saturday:  This morning we met at the Hall for service.  Our group went out for about an hour and a half and then we traveled to some friend's house to watch futbol!




















After the game we headed to a young brother's graduation party where we enjoyed good conversation, games and plenty of great food! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment