Wednesday, December 11, 2013

12-07-13 & 12-08-13 Weekend Service, Watchtower Study and Weird Sickness

Saturday:  This morning I worked for a few hours and then met for field service.  The brother and sister had a wide selection of goodies; doughnuts, cookies, coffee and teas set up for the friends - it was quite a spread!  (I, of course, satisfied myself with a nice cup of tea and refrained from the pastries!)  We had good-sized group again this morning - close to 20 I believe.  It was a nice morning.

We stopped for lunch around noon and many of us continued preaching into the afternoon.  At 4:15, I had to leave the group as I had work scheduled at 5:15.  When I arrived home, I realized I had no students assigned for my second shift, so I decided I would eat dinner in between classes.  I finally finished work at 8:30.  I then studied my Watchtower and went to bed.

Sunday:  This morning I worked and then we left for the meeting.  Our speaker this morning was a visiting brother from Illinois.  We had so many visitors today.  Our speaker and his wife were travelling with another couple from the US and had been visiting all the congregations in Ecuador.  We were sad to learn we were their 'last stop' and that they were leaving the next day.  We are hopeful they will return :)

During the Watchtower Study, one of our other visiting sisters began to feel faint/ weak.  The altitude can really do a number on a person regardless of age!  Lots of rest and water usually help; its also important to eat enough carbohydrates to keep up your energy.

After the meeting, my roommate and I headed home.  I then worked on my TESOL for a while, ate lunch, and then started feeling a little strange.  At 5:30 I had to work for several hours after which I went to the store to pick up groceries.  Still not feeling well, I put the groceries away, watched a movie and then went to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment