Wednesday: After work this morning, our friends came over for breakfast and then my roommate and I cleaned and organized the house the rest of the afternoon.
We didn't have our meeting tonight due to the upcoming S.A.D., so a group of us decided to go out to Noe (Spanish for Noah) for sushi.
Thursday: This morning I worked, but my last class was cancelled. I noticed my roommate was up, but didn't see her in the house. The front door was open, so I looked outside - she wasn't in the laundry room either. I grabbed my coffee and headed up the spiral stairs to the roof. There she was, curled up in a ball. I knew what had happened. So I sat down beside her and put my arm around her. Her dear friend back in Florida had passed away. What a sad day indeed. But how thankful we are for the resurrection hope and the confidence of seeing our friends again!
We decided to stay in that day - talking, crying, laughing and watching movies. I notified some of the friends in the local congregation and a few of them stopped by with flowers, candy and to offer their condolences. Later that night, two of our other girl friends joined us for pizza and another movie.
Friday: This morning we stayed, but decided to be a little more productive. We spent the day catching up on errands, housework, paperwork and computer work.
That night, my friend had planned a karaoke party at our house, but we ended up playing Bible Scattergories and Bible Jeopardy instead. It was a lot of fun and the kind of spiritual refreshment we needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment