Sunday, March 31, 2013

03-28-13 & 03-29-13 Service, Sunburn & Sickness

Thursday:  We met the group for service this morning, fashionable late, as neither we nor our taxi knew where to find the street :(  Despite our frustration, we got out to the territory and had a nice morning and the weather was beautiful.  I should have been using my umbrella or at least a little sunscreen because the sun is so intense here.  My face and arms got so red - Aubster Lobster has returned :( :(





After a long day, we watched a movie and had dinner at the house to wrap up the evening.

Friday:  I met another sister for service and she gave me a few of her calls per the new territory arrangement.  Then afterwards, we did more census for the remainder of the morning and I found two interested persons to follow up on.  We then met up with our other roommate in the afternoon and we did a few calls and informal witnessing at the mall since most places were closed due to the holiday.  As we were walking into the mall, we passed by a couple and I heard them say "they must be sisters".  As my friend and I look nothing a like I knew exactly what they were referring to.  So we introduced ourselves and exchanged stories.  They were a Canadian couple, who are currently living in Cuenca, but were travelling through Quito the day before, but their flight was delayed.  Its such a wonderful international brotherhood we belong to!



One of my roommates was working in the evening, so the other roommate and I decided to watch a movie.  Then, I did the unthinkable.  We were deliberating about what to have for dinner.  We had run out of gas for the stove, so we couldn't cook anything.  Pizza.  It sounded so good.  I knew I shouldn't though.  But in a moment of weakness I did.  And boy did I!  Three slices later, a glass of coca-cola and an ice cream bar to top it all off.  It didn't take long for the belly-ache to set in.  It was a loooong night...

No comments:

Post a Comment