There was a nice turnout at the Quito English Memorial - 104 in attendance! Not bad for a congregation of only 66 publishers!! One sister had many interested persons show up and she asked me if I would assist some of them during the program. I was happy to! I sat next to a woman (who had brought her three children along with her). I asked her if she was studying with the sister who introduced me to her and she said no, that the sister's husband has given her magazines at her workplace before and also gave her the invitation. I gave her a Bible Teach book and explained how the arrangement works. I then asked her if she would like to study the bible and she said yes, her and her eldest daughter, both of whom speak fluent English, so we exchanged phone numbers.
A group of us were going out to eat after the Memorial, so I invited the woman and her family to join us. She said her husband was picking them up, but would let me know. Well, the family of five did join us for dinner! She thanked me many times and stated that they don't get invited a lot of places because there is so many of them. We got to know the family over dinner (which was delicious!) - it was so nice!






What a nice Memorial memory! Looks like your on the road to lots and lots of studies. Jehovah is using you to the full.
ReplyDeleteWe got to spend some time with the Bethelite couple that gave our Memorial talk, Tuesday night. They were very nice and very encouraging. Troy (the Brother) shared expiriences and stories about Warwick. He is one of the brothers overseeing the project, so he really has his finger on the pulse of that activity. And his wife Julie told us how much WE all have an influence on the progress because of our great examples and the doors that have openned because of brothers and sisters just doing what they know they should do! You can really see Jehovah's blessing and influence on the Warwick arrangement.
So glad you got this blog up! :) Missing you and sending you love and encouragement from Nappie town! MUAH*
That's great Aubrey! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time & great experiences. That was sweet of you inviting that family out to eat after the memorial, I'm sure that encouraged them to want to get to know the truth, brothers & sisters more.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your experiences with us, great idea!
miss you & love ya ~ Donna
Nice to see the friends enjoy the same things everywhere. A little after Memorial snack. Tell us about the food you are seeing and eating.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comments! The night of the memorial I had grilled salmon. I try not to eat salad out too much here, because I imagine they "wash" it in icky water - lettuce and strawberries are the #1 parasite carriers here (so I've been told) so I mostly stick to "safe" things like chicken, beans and rice. I make salad at home when I can wash and disinfect it myself. There are some strange and interesting fruits here, but I've been a little nervous to introduce new foods as my stomach has been sketchy since I arrived (probably just the stress/ anxiety of the move). But its getting better now so I will be a bit more adventurous in the near future :) I have had two funny experiences trying to order food by myself and have ended up with something completely different than what I intended... lol, oh well!
ReplyDelete