Wednesday, August 20, 2014

08-03-14 - 08-09-14 Earthquakes and Volcanoes and Tremors - Oh My!!

Sunday:  After the meeting today, my friends and I planned a nice lunch and coffee in the valley (Cumbaya).  First, we had sushi, and our waiter tried to kill be by putting crab in my handroll.  I immediately went to the pharmacy across the street and got something equivalent to Benedryl.    I still broke out in a mild rash of hives and gained 4 lbs by the following morning :(

 



 Views of Cumbaya from the Pedestrian Walkover Bridge at Paseo San Francisco



 

Monday: Today was a long work day, followed by Family Worship; finished up discussing the fruitages of the spirit by discussing what it means to be truly guided by and walk by Holy Spirit.  Then I had a nice long chat with a friend and went to sleep.

Tuesday:  This morning after work I went out in service.  We were joined in the afternoon by some friends from the valley and the south - when the weather turned bad, we stopped at a quaint little tea shop for a short break.


 That night, I took my friend out to celebrate their regular pioneer application!



Wednesday:  After a long and busy day of work, I prepared a substitute talk and a demonstration for the meeting that night.


Check out our new JW.org sign outside the main door!


After the meeting, we went out to a restaurant called Zao to say goodbye to our friend who was leaving for the States.



Thursday:  After work this morning, I ran down to the bagel shop to get something for the service group at my house that morning.  We had quite a nice turnout, with a few others joining us later that morning.



In the afternoon the air smelled of a bonfire and we quickly deduced that Tungurahua (a very active volcano in Banos) had erupted again.

Friday:  After work this morning, I met up with the group and spent the afternoon doing some return visits and was able to set up a study for Saturday.  At 5pm, I stopped in to talk to a woman I've been studying with (kind of hit or miss) and was able to have a nice hour long study with her on the spot! When I arrived home, I fixed myself some dinner and was all cozy on the couch studying my Watchtower when I heard a load rumbling sound and looked up to see everything in my house shaking.  As it turns out, it was a 3.8 earthquake - though the center was a good distance away.  Crazy!

Saturday:  Today we started preaching at the park early and had some nice experiences.  We had a nice large group meet for service this morning and had good success distributing the JW.org campaign tract.  I went to the grocery store and then home to prepare a few things that afternoon for hospitality the next day and then met my friend for a Bible study (the man I met on the street the previous week) and we had a great discussion.  After the study, I rushed off to my friends' house for dinner - they had just purchased a new bbq grill and were kind enough to invite a few of us over to try it out!  Delicious!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment