Tuesday, June 3, 2014

12-12-13 & 12-13-13 Sowing the Seeds - Long Days in the Field

Thursday:  This morning I got up around 4:45am as my first class was scheduled at 5:15am.  My student didn't show up, so I spent the time updating my blog instead.  After my classes this morning, I met up with the group at 9:00am for a long day in the ministry.  We had some great experiences throughout the day and finished up after dark.


Friday:  This morning I again started work at 5:15am.  At 8:30am, I rushed out the door to meet the group. While riding the bus on the way to the service group, I started a conversation with a man who was from Haiti.  At first, he did not seem very friendly and almost suspicious of me.  But I was able to share 3 different scriptures with him, leave him with a tract as well as a meeting invitation before we reached our stop. His final words as we were jumping off the bus were "I do want to learn more about the Bible".

It was a small group out this morning, but we had a great time nonetheless.  As we were doing our census, we reached a set of buzzers, one of which was a Chinese school.  Just then, one of our brothers, who speaks Chinese, met up with our group, so I said, "here, I saved this one for you".  He was able to start a study right on the spot with two of the people inside!!  Meanwhile, my friend and I continued in the territory and I also met a man who accepted a Bible study and expressed interest in attending the meeting on Sunday!  After completing that block, we decided to take a break for lunch around 12:45.

After lunch, I went with my friend on her study, then we went to do a few calls of hers nearby.  At 2:45, I left to meet up with another sister for a study at 3:00.  After that study, I stopped in to check on a few calls and to get a new chip for my phone.  The man I spoke with in the phone store had lived in Ft. Myers for 9 years and had moved back to Ecuador about 2 years ago.  He was able to cut the existing chip I had to make it fit into my new phone, but my phone would no longer function at this point.  He explained I would have to go to a location a few blocks away in order to get my phone unlocked.

At this point, however, my friend showed up and we had to leave for my study.  We arrived promptly at 6:00pm, It was so nice to finally be able to meet up with them again!! We left around 7:45pm and decided to go for sushi :)

My friend and I were able to get caught up for the first time since I got back.  It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment